Making a complaint

Our goal is to provide you with the very highest standards of customer service. In the unfortunate event that you’re unhappy with our service and would like to make a complaint, please get in touch with our customer services department.

Online: Complete our online complaints form below and we’ll be in touch.

By phone: 0330 094 5800

Typetalk: 18002 0330 0945 800

Write to:

Customer Services

Shell Energy

PO Box 6363





You can also share your feedback using Resolver. Resolver is a free independent issue resolution service, connecting consumers with companies to help find the best resolution for everyone. To raise your complaint using their online process, click here.

Consumers use Resolver to raise their issues or complaints with thousands of companies via its guided case creation. Once they’ve answered a few questions about their complaint, Resolver creates a personal case file so consumers are in control and manage everything from one place. 

Resolver does not act on behalf of consumers but instead it provides all the necessary tools and steps, including templates to tailor complaints and resources to guide people understand their consumer rights, to make it as easy as possible to get the right result.

How we deal with your complaint

  • • We aim to handle all complaints as soon as we can.
  • • We’ll usually try to resolve any issues at the time of your first call or contact.
  • • We’re committed to responding in writing within 10 working days.
  • • We’ll make a record on your customer account of any conversations between us and how the issue has been resolved.

If we need to collect any further information or investigate the complaint in more detail, we’ll give you a reference number. This is for any future contact and to keep you updated on progress.

Get a copy of our Complaints Handling Procedure

You can download full details of our Complaints Handling Procedure.

Why can complaint resolution be delayed?

Delays to complaint resolution generally occur when:

  • • the complaint needs more detailed investigation or
  • • more information is required from a third party to make sure that the complaint is dealt with to the standard that our customers expect.

How can I get independent advice?

You can also get independent advice from consumer organisations, such as Citizens Advice. You can contact their advisors at any point in the complaint process. Find contact details on the Citizens Advice website.

Free independent advice is also available from the Energy Ombudsman, once your complaint has reached or exceeded 56 days of age:


Phone: 0330 440 1624

Post: Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF

Get in touch

How we handle complaints

Working with you to find a solution

Find out more

Our service performance

How we've dealt with complaints

Find out more