Treating you fairly - Our Standards of Conduct
We strive to deliver fair, consistent yet personalised service to every customer, hassle-free. We work hard to understand your needs, what matters most to you, and how we can best support you.
Our Standards of Conduct help us to ensure that we treat you fairly at all times.
We promise to:
- Make sure you have the information you need to help you choose the right tariff
- Listen to you and understand your needs
- Carry out actions with a fairness, honesty and transparency in a way that’s appropriate and professional
- Provide information that:
- is complete, accurate and not misleading
- is communicated in plain and clear language
- Make it easy for you to contact us
- Put things right if we make a mistake
- Treat you as an individual, giving you extra help and support when you need it
- Always keep you properly informed so that you have the right information to make the right choices
Customer service is important to us, so we’re delighted to be recognised as providing exceptional customer care. It’s thanks to your feedback that we’re Good Housekeeping Reader Recommended and Resolver Recognised.
We want you to know what we’ve achieved in our efforts to treat all our customers fairly. Although we don’t always get it right, we’re committed to making your Shell Energy experience as straight-forward as it can be.
Giving you extra help when you need it
We offer additional services for vulnerable customers through our Priority Service Register (PSR). We’ll ask you about your circumstances to understand how we can best support you or someone in your household.
We also offer support with paying for your energy through government schemes like the Warm Home Discount.
For more information on how we can support you, click here.
Helping you save energy
Saving energy is important to all of us, that’s why we have a page dedicated to energy efficiency tips. Our tips will help you make small changes to save energy and money.
To make it even easier to get in touch with us, you can now use independent complaints service Resolver to help with any concerns.
- Our virtual assistant Ask Us is available 24/7
- Facebook and Twitter - send us a message or use #AskShellEnergy, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible
- You can call us on 0330 094 5800 (Calls are charged at your landline rate). Lines are open 8am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on Saturdays.
- Sending a letter to Shell Energy Retail Limited, PO Box 6363, Coventry CV3 9LR
- Emailing us at email@example.com